Our second summer visit of 2015 on 23 June was to Hatton Grange near Shifnal, a Georgian house built in 1764 by Thomas Farnolls Pritchard. Rupert Kenyon-Slaney, the owner of Hatton Grange, welcomed us with elderflower cordial in a former cricket pavilion in the grounds and gave an overview of the family and the origins of the house. This was followed by a tour of the house and gardens where magnificent roses were in full bloom.
Mr Kenyon-Slaney’s tour was most interesting and entertaining, and the afternoon concluded with tea and cakes in the cricket pavilion. A delightful – and sunny – afternoon.